Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2010 Resolutions


Okay, I'm not perfect - I'll admit that!

So, I spent most of 2009 Pregnant (Jan-Mid September) and therefore working out has been severely lacking.  I'm not one of those people who has to drag my ass to work out - I'm genuinely very passionate about it and enjoy it for all the mind, body & spirit aspects.  And of course the physical benefits are important especially after baby #2!

My husband and I have been ordering in a lot.  Let's blame new baby, new business venture and my husbands shift work = very tired at the end of the day.  We find ourselves in that awful "what do you want to do for dinner" scenario at 8pm, when #1 is down and #2 is between feed and sleep, and too often we default to local take-out.    

Therefore...(drum roll please)...you guessed it - working out and cooking are my resolutions.


I started tonight and it went very well.  I asked for, and received, the new Jamie Oliver cook book - Jamie's Food Revolution.  I'm not a cook so there's a lot of work to be done for this resolution.  It's not just about cooking over ordering in, it's actually about learning to cook and enjoying a new talent.  So you see, this is a BIG undertaking for me.

Tonight I cooked Salmon Tikka with Yogurt Sauce.  I prepped while #1 was in her high chair colouring.  I then read her stories and put her down to bed.  I then fed #2 and handed him over to my husband to play with, while they watched Canada/USA Junior Hockey game, so I could complete the meal.  The meal only took 10 minutes (post prep) and was so yummie.  The premise behind Jamie's Food Revolution is about getting back to the basics and encouraging more people to cook by learning and sharing recipes.  It's perfect for me as I need to be inspired as well as have the recipes broken down to the basics so it's easy and enjoyable.  All in all this evening was a success.  I'm as tired as I always am but, we had a home cooked meal and I learnt something new.  I feel good:)

#2 is up from his nap so over and out!