Saturday, June 19, 2010

SOLD!

Now that the crazy whirl wind that was the last 6 weeks is over I finally have time to slow down and reflect on the decision we made and start looking forward to the future!
It all started with Grammy passing away.  My mother-in-law had always planned on moving into her mothers condo when this time came.  What hadn't been planned was my husband and I moving into his childhood home!  After the celebration of Grammy's life was over (which was pretty much a 3-day bender enjoyed by the very large Swanson family clan) my mother-in-law began to plan the sale of her home in order to move into her condo.  As we were sitting in her home it hit me and I said it out loud "what if we bought your house?"

Since then it's all a blur.

We were suddenly painting the outside of our house (something we had wanted to do since we moved in over 5 years ago) and then presto the "For Sale" sign was up on our lawn and we moved into my moms house.  The part where we moved into my moms house was not an option - keeping a house "fluffed" for showings and open houses with 2 kids under 2 is impossible.  "The Team"  (Elspeth, Pat and Carolyn with Bosley Real Estate) were awesome and helped us navigate and remain calm through some changes in the market and then suddenly we were sold and moved back in.  It was only then that we had a chance to sit back and look around my house and then onto the lawn at the sold sign and really think about what we had done.  Don't get me wrong - it's all great and no regrets!  It's just kind of crazy to suddenly be leaving a neighbourhood that we love and not to mention a pre-school my daughter was about to start after being on waiting lists since i was 6 months pregnant!!

Since being back in our house for a week now i've already managed to find an awesome nursery school for Kate which is walking distance form our new house.  We're starting to line-up some renovations and can't wait to move in.

What's freaking me out more than anything is how a decision like this that my husband and I make will now completely change our kids future.  It's so different when you make big decisions once you have kids.  This is definitely the single most important decision we feel we've made in their lifetime that will effect their future.  It's a powerful thing to ponder.  Yikes!